Apr 20, 2010

Eat Smart

I've spotted the 'eat smart' logo on many organic products over the last few weeks. I'm wondering what message they are trying to send? Why is the 'eat smart' logo not on non-organic food products? Eat smart vs eating not smart? Is that what they are saying?
While shopping with my husband over the weekend, he spotted the below ad at a local store.
What do you think this ad is saying? Is this the only spot in the store where quality and good nutrition matter?


May be clicked on for a larger view
Yesterday, Jon and I went to our local Target food section on a hunt for quality, nutritious food. Out of hundreds of products, we found 23 truly consumable foods. Am I saying the other foods they sold are not fit for consumption? For the most part, yes.
The others foods have ingredients that are damaging in some way to our bodies. If I know something is harmful, why would I ingest it? It reminds me of rat poision - 99.9% food 0.1% poision.

No comments:

Post a Comment