Jan 22, 2009

Rose Colored Glasses

A few years back, I had these sunglasses that would make the landscape appear more brighter and colorful then it actually was. While driving thru the hills of western Virginia, I excitedly shrieked, "LOOK! Do you see how green the grass is?" It was just so beautiful for being an early June time of year! Everyone in the van, just stared at me and said, "No."
As I hyper-ly tried to explain, I remembered I had my glasses on! No wonder they didn't see what I saw! They needed my glasses! I tried my best to show my family it was not in my mind, it was really the glasses I was wearing.

They didn't believe me, as they love to tease, and this was the perfect opportunity to do so. Eventually, they all agreed my glasses did have the appearance, depending on some factors, (like who was looking thru them! HA) for a more colorful landscape.

As the years passed, if the opportunity was given, and I seen something different then they did, they would remark, "Oh no, Mom has her magic glasses on again," even if I did not. ;)

Sometimes it takes a while for others to see what we are really trying to show them.

Teasing aside, our health is a serious issue and should be taken seriously. It is difficult to toss our beloved foods that we have for years prepared and enjoyed consuming. Our beloved beverages, that we OH SO LOVE to consume! I know! I have been there. It is a hard thing.

It's even harder to face the reality that one day, due to our choices in diet, we will end up on medication or worse yet, in the grave at an early age.

I have been told before, "I do not care what is in the food, I only care about the way it tastes!" What a Bible study I could make out of that one statement!
There is much to share regarding the toxic manipulation of our vittles! I should get back to researching them so I can report it to you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment